Lithographs of First Moravian Church of Philadelphia, 1857
Four hand-colored lithographs created by Herline & Hensel of Philadelphia in 1857. The first lithograph features a view of the front and side of the original 1742 Moravian Church, which was located at the southeast corner of Bread Street (then Moravian Alley) and Race Street. The second lithograph features a view of the front and side of the Moravian Church (and parsonage) as it stood, on that same location, from 1746 to 1820. The third lithograph features a view of the front of the 1820 Moravian Church and surrounding buildings on Race Street. Finally, the fourth lithograph features a view of the side and front of the new Moravian Church of 1856, located at the southwest corner of Wood and Franklin Streets.