Pew rent books, 1791-1792, v. 5
V MI46 P477px v. 5
The practice of renting pews was common in 19th century churches; members paid a fee for the right to occupy a particular pew every week. This bound manuscript is a record of pew rents owed and paid to First Presbyterian from 1791 to 1792. Entries are listed by pew number and congregant name, with dates and amounts paid, and they span two pages, verso and recto.
First Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia, PA
Presbyterian Historical Society