Pew rent records, vol. 2, 1783-1789
Second Presbyterian Church Pew Rent Books 1783-1789, Vol 2
V MI46 P533p v. 2
The practice of renting pews was common in 19th century churches; members paid a fee for the right to occupy a particular pew every week. This bound manuscript is a record of pew rents paid to Second Presbyterian from 1783 to 1789. Entries are listed by name of pew holder, and include old arrearages as well as dates and amounts paid.
Second Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia, PA
Presbyterian Historical Society