Pew rent records, vol. 6, 1794-1795
Second Presbyterian Church Pew Rent Books 1794, Vol 6
V MI46 P533p v. 6
The practice of renting pews was common in 19th century churches; members paid a fee for the right to occupy a particular pew every week. This bound manuscript is a record of pew rents paid to Second Presbyterian from 1794 to 1795. Entries are listed by pew number and congregant name, with dates and amounts paid, and they span two pages, verso and recto. There is an index of names at the back of the volume.
Second Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia, PA
Presbyterian Historical Society