Charter of the Congregation Beth El Emeth, 1857
Archival folio containing the official charter and constitution of the Congregation Beth El Emeth, incorporated by the Court of Common Pleas in Philadelphia in 1857. The volume includes the seal of the Court and the signature of the prothonotary, along with signatures of the original incorporators of the congregation. Beth El Emeth came out of Mikveh Israel, under the leadership of Mikveh Israel's retired Rev. Isaac Leeser. After Leeser's death, Beth El Emeth dissolved, and its records returned to Mikveh Israel.
Congregation Mikveh Israel Archives
1 volume, 23 pages