Pew rent records, v. 3, 1786-1787
V MI46 P4p v. 3
The practice of renting pews was common in 19th century churches; members paid a fee for the right to occupy a particular pew every week. This bound manuscript is a record of pew rents paid to Third Presbyterian from 1786 to 1787. Entries are listed by pew number and congregant name, with dates and amounts paid, and for most of the book they span two pages, verso and recto.
Third Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia, PA
Presbyterian Historical Society