Pew rent records, v. 8, 1799-1807
V MI46 P4p v. 8
The practice of renting pews was common in 19th century churches; members paid a fee for the right to occupy a particular pew every week. This bound manuscript records pew rents paid to Third Presbyterian from 1799 to 1807. Entries are listed by person's name, and contain pew number, rent amount and dates paid.
Third Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia, PA
Presbyterian Historical Society