Orders of Interment, Volume II (Nos. 788-1554)

Metadata

Title

Orders of Interment, Volume II (Nos. 788-1554)

Alternative Title

 

Date

1764/1770

Digital Identifier

FHL.PMM_Int17641770

Call Number

HC.PhM.P455.01b.002
(1250/JA1.8)

Description

The first burial ground for Quakers in Philadelphia was located on the east side of 4th Street, south of Arch Street – the site of the Arch Street meeting house today. Quaker burial grounds in Philadelphia were never entirely "select" -- that is, strictly limited to members of the Society of Friends. However, additional members of the Meeting’s burial ground committee had to approve and to sign the permit for non-members. Plots were not sold individually. These are the original interment permits, mounted in a series of volumes.

Place

Pennsylvania--Philadelphia

Collection

Haverford College Quaker and Special Collections

Extent

1
volume

Format (Original)

Format (Digital)

jp2

Rights

http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/

Language

eng

Type

Text

Thumbnail

https://www.philageohistory.org/rdic-images/common/get-jpeg-small.cfm/FHL.PMM_Int17641770.002.jpg

IIIF Manifest

https://www.philageohistory.org/rdic-images/iiif.cfm/FHL.PMM_Int17641770/manifest

Rights Holder

Haverford College Quaker and Special Collections