Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting was established in 11th month 1682/3; its first business sessions were held in 1683. In the beginning Friends met in the Bank meeting house four times a year, and included representatives from the Philadelphia area -- Philadelphia, Tacony (Oxford), and Schuylkill.View the items in the Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting collection
Philadelphia Congregations Early Records
When completed, the Philadelphia Congregations Early Records project will offer over 41,000 pages of records from Philadelphia’s oldest congregations, connecting the archives of Christ Church, St. George’s Methodist Church, Gloria Dei, Mikveh Israel, African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas, Episcopal Dioceses Archives, Presbyterian Historical Society, St. Peter’s Episcopal Church and American Baptist Historical Society.
Digitized materials include minutes, account books, birth, marriage, death, and burial registers.
This project is supported by a Digitizing Hidden Collections grant from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR). The grant program is made possible by funding from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.